We exist to make sure every child has the opportunity to succeed.
Around 42,000 children in Ottawa are living in poverty or their families are part of the working poor. That means 20% of kids in our city aren’t getting what they need to succeed. Kids are coming through the doors of our schools without the essentials they need to be active and ready to learn.
At the Education Foundation of Ottawa we believe that all children deserve an equal opportunity to learn and participate. We know that by giving children in need tools for success like nutritious food, school supplies, and the opportunity to take part in extracurricular activities, we open the doors to a brighter future.
- School supplies
- Access to activities/opportunities to participate
- Unrestricted financial donations to support children in emergencies
- Feelings of hunger can distract children from learning – $10 can provide healthy snacks for a child for one week
- Warm fingers and toes should be mandatory for all children – $10 can buy a warm hat or a pair of mittens
- What about after school? $10 can help buy a basketball or soccer ball for a child to keep at home to practice their skills
- Have your feet ever been wet in your boots? Imagine feeling that way all day, every day – $20 can buy a lot of socks; more $, can help purchase a warm pair of boots
- Water safety is important for everyone – $20/month (or more) can help provide water safety instruction and swimming lessons to children with autism
- Every child should be prepared for school – $25 can fill a backpack with school supplies
- No one wants to be left out – $50 can allow a child to participate in fun, skill-building extracurricular activities
- You can help more than one child – $50 will purchase 2 backpacks with school supplies
- Special lunches are a highlight for any child; imagine having to miss out – $50 can pay for a child to enjoy the hot lunch program at their school
- Think about having to go to school cold; not just today, but all winter long – $100 can provide warm winter clothing for one child
- Camps and sports teams provide a sense of belonging – $100 (or more) can allow a child to participate on a sports team or a spend a week in camp
- Do you want to think long term? $100/month can create a bursary or award for a deserving student who would not otherwise be able to pursue their interests
Get involved in the Mongol Rally: Do you want to add a special message with your donation?
With your donation of $25, you can send us a message of encouragement. Email our team at email@example.com with your message and we’ll write it on our car and take a picture!
With your donation of $50, you can send us a picture of your face and you can “come with us” as we travel. You’ll even be in some of our pictures along the way! Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your picture!
Are you a group or school? There are many ways to raise money as a group. What about a bake sale, closet cleanup, or anything else that comes to mind. Get creative and we’ll put your group/school logo on our car! Email our team at email@example.com with your logo!
Are you interested in Corporate Sponsorship? With donations of $500 or more, your logo will be on our car and website! The greater your support, the bigger your logo! Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your logo!